Friday, February 8, 2008

2nd Day of Lunar New Year (大年初二)

Today is the 2nd Day of Lunar New Year (大年初二). Nothing much to do, and shopping malls are still closed. So Daddy & Mummy has decided to "take a risk" - bring me to Marina Square to watch a movie which they have been looking forward to - CJ7 (长江7号). They have bought the first row tickets, in case if I keep crying and fussing in the cinema, we can "escape" by the exit door.

(Image taken from http://www.goldenvillage.com.sg/moviedetails/gv_moviedetails_2562.jsp)

Before we watch the movie, Daddy & Mummy brought me for a quick lunch. Can you guess from the picture below, where we go for our quick lunch? (Clue: "I'm lovin' it")

Yes, it's McDonalds, my favourite fast-food restaurant. I love the corn and fries from McDonalds.

After our quick lunch, we proceed to Golden Village for our movie. Very soon, Daddy & Mummy found the seats and settle down, and I sat on Daddy's lap. I began to look around and discovered that the cinema is so dark. I feel frightened and begin to cry. Mummy immediately gave me my "tu-tu" (pacifier) and "phuang-phuang" (bolster) and Daddy immediately pat me to ease the fright. After a while, I fell asleep. And Daddy & Mummy enjoyed the show without any disturbance from me.

After the show, I am still in my dreamland. Daddy & Mummy have decided to have our dinner at the Foodcourt. They walk round all the stalls and finally decided to try new food - a stall that sells Hong Kong Trolley Noodle. But they are afraid that the food will turn cold if I am going to sleep for a long long time. So they enjoy a Ice Moccha Float and read magazines while waiting for me to wake up. Finally when I wake up, they have finished the drink. What a pity, I miss the chance to eat my favourite ice-cream!

Very soon, we have our dinner. And have a short walk around Marina Square. Feeling tired, Daddy & Mummy decided to proceed home. This is the end of my first movie "excursion".

No comments: